See the research behind why educational neuro-science is a game changer for the future of education!
Don't get left behind! Be a part of the Mind-Brain Education Revolution today.
We use a UNIQUE approach...
- The Australian Student Well-Being Framework states: "Whole-school approaches to student well-being have far-reaching positive impacts on mental health and resilience, and also enhance pro-social behaviour and learner engagement."
- Professor Donna Cross, University of Western Australia - Director & Program Head, Development and Education, says: "Well-being is everyone's business .... If we get well-being right we enhance academic outcomes & quality of learning; we improve life success in children .... Teacher well-being is as important as Student Well-Being."
- Professor Pankaj Sah, Director of The Queensland Brain Institute at The University Of Queensland, writes: "Neuroscience and experimental psychology have made great strides in understanding how learning occurs and the factors that influence it, but translating this to education is not straightforward. Part of the problem is an issue of communication: psychologists, teachers and neuroscientists don’t always speak the same language." That's where we can help! As a classroom teacher, specialising in Educational Neuro-Science, Tammy-Anne has found a simple way to translate cutting-edge brain-science & psychology applications to education - into real, practical solutions and pedagogical practices, tools & techniques, that can be understood by students, parents & teachers.
- The OECD (Organisation for Economic Cooperation & Development) through CERI (Centre for Educational Research & Innovation) has embarked on a project to explore a Neuro-Scientific Approach to Learning.
- CERI/OECD states that “the education community has started to realise that ‘understanding the brain’ can help to open new pathways to improve educational research, policies and practice” – and asks, “Is the current classroom model of learning ‘brain un-friendly’?”
- CERI/OECD calls for “holistic approaches” to education, in order to help student brains meet their potential and facilitate the learning process.
- A CERI/OECD report states that a student’s social interactions, environment, sleep, diet and movement are “easily overlooked in their impact on education”, but they shouldn’t be – because these “everyday matters” have a massive impact on the brain. It is vital parents, teachers & students understand this - and how to apply this knowledge in practical ways to benefit students daily.
- PESA's (Positive Education Schools Association) "vision is for the science of well-being and Positive Psychology to be integrated throughout the education system, enabling all students, schools and communities to flourish."
- Dr Jared Cooney Horvath, says we have a "new holistic vision of schooling" but that "Unfortunately, very few teachers and leaders truly understand HOW and WHY these emerging constructs [Mind-Set, Grit etc] actually impact teaching & learning". We explain the HOW & the WHY - and the WHAT & the WHEN!
- The Federal Education Department states: “Research has shown that when schools and families work together, children do better, stay in school longer, are more engaged with their school work, go to school more regularly, behave better, and have better social skills. Parent engagement also results in longer term economic, social and emotional benefits.” Our Parent Workshops are Game-Changers!
- A report by the Australian Research Alliance for Children & Youth concludes that: “Given the clear benefits of positive parental engagement in student learning, by way of improved academic achievement, wellbeing and productivity, … progressing parental engagement initiatives is warranted, if not essential to education reform and the future of Australia.” Parental engagement is “essential”!
- Promising studies in Africa, Asia and Latin America are showing that Educational Neuro-Science has a huge potential in the home; when disadvantaged parents learn the choices to make at home to enable their children to enhance their mental achievement –they have the power to potentially break the cycle of poverty in whole countries. Neuro-Science has a powerful place in the home!
- A review by the South Australian government calls for increased parental engagement and says that parents’ expectations and efforts in the home have a “resounding” impact on “children’s educational attainment”. There has been a policy agenda shift, “with parents and educators being asked to work more closely together.”
- The Grattan Institute found, in 2017, that nearly half of all school students in Australia are disengaged from the education process; many students just don’t enjoy learning. Neurologist Dr Judy Willis says that when we remove joy and pleasure from the classroom – students become bored, anxious and disengaged from the learning process. Surprise, surprise!
- Extensive research has shown that when students know how they can ‘grow’ their own brain – and know about their brain’s learning potential, they behave differently towards learning & can achieve better academically.
- Studies show that when teachers use brain-science knowledge to teach their classes, student achievement and motivation increases.
- Nancy Chick, Centre for Teaching Assistant Director at Vanderbilt University says The National Academy of Sciences’ brought together decades of research on the science of learning, and "one of the three key findings of this work is the effectiveness of a “‘metacognitive’ approach to instruction”. What we offer is Meta-Cognition on steroids - it's so powerful for students to know what is happening in their brains as they think & learn!
- Harvard Graduate School of Education, along with a select few universities around the world, are now offering courses in Educational Neuro-Science and Mind-Brain Education.
- Dr Carol Dweck's Growth Mind-Set research is very well-known and shows the immense power of a student's 'cognitive, affective, and behavioural features' over their learning experience and academic achievements. In our workshops, teaching students about a Growth Mind-Set is just the tip of the ice-berg! We delve deep into the brain-science and psychology of learning, success and happiness.
- Our workshops also utilise some Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT) which is a type of cognitive-behavioural therapy developed by psychologist Albert Ellis. REBT is focused on changing a person's irrational beliefs, to help them stress-less, improve their rationality and ultimately increase their happiness. Tammy-Anne is an accredited social-emotional learning trainer with You Can Do It! Education, by Educational Psychologist, Professor Michael Bernard of Melbourne University (whose testimonial is on the home-page.)
- In summary, Tammy-Anne's 8 years of classroom teaching experience & 'action research' at various schools (city, country, private, public, primary & secondary) - has proven to her BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT, that teaching using Educational Neuro-Science improves, noticeably, student engagement, behaviour, focus, self-confidence, self-belief, motivation, enjoyment and achievement. In addition, she has found that teaching using Educational Neuro-Science makes teaching any subject, in any year group, so much easier to plan, far less stressful and much more enjoyable!
"What has intrigued me most in my 30 years of research is the power of motivation. Motivation is often more important than your initial ability in determining whether you succeed in the long run. In fact ... many creative geniuses were not born that way. They were often fairly ordinary people who became extraordinarily motivated. By motivation, I mean not only the desire to achieve but also the love of learning, the love of challenge, and the ability to thrive on obstacles. These are the greatest gifts we can give our students."
Dr Carol Dweck
Professor of Psychology behind the Growth vs Fixed Mind-Set
These gifts that carol dweck recommends ARE THE VERY SAME GIFTS WE GIVE STUDENTS
OF ALL AGES, THROUGH OUR MOTIVATIONAL WORKSHOPS:
THE LOVE OF LEARNING, THE DESIRE TO ACHIEVE, THE LOVE OF A CHALLENGE
& BELIEF IN THEIR OWN INCREDIBLE ABILITIES!
THIS ALL LEADS TO BOUNDLESS MOTIVATION AND SETS THEM ON A PATH TO REALISE AND
REACH THEIR INCREDIBLE TRUE POTENTIAL